Here at Panic Button, we love what we do. We get to work on amazing games with fantastic partners. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We like our work to speak for itself. We are always looking for more people to join us to create amazing gaming experiences. If you are a graphics engineer, please jump to the front of the line!
We are an independent game studio based in Austin, Texas. Live music capital of the world, home of SXSW and Austin City Limits – and an all-around great city. It also has the best tacos and BBQ, sorry everyone else.
Although Austin is growing quickly, it still has a small-town feel and has tons of great food, art, music, and festivals. It is at the outer edge of the amazing Texas Hill Country and offers trails, hiking, rivers, and lakes to explore!
- Competitive pay.
- We have great benefits that include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans.
- A generous vacation policy, including a nice long holiday break in late December.
Culture and Perks
- We are big on work-life balance, crunching is so last century.
- Our core hours are 10-4, so we offer flexibility for when you need to be in early or late.
- Panic Button is a very flat company, there are no layers of bureaucracy preventing our employees from getting their jobs done.
- We hire a lot of senior engineers, artists, and designers who love to train and grow the next generation of talent!
- We love the movies – regular trips to Alamo Drafthouse for movies and food during the workday. Did someone say milkshakes and movies?
- We have a break room, that is stocked with free sodas and the usual goodies. The problem is that people keep bringing in mountains of candy, cookies, cakes, and donuts. Can you help us out?
- Tacos, did we mention tacos? We love some tacos!
I’m always impressed by the guys at Panic Button, that they can accomplish things like that. It’s a miracle. We’re pushing the engine pretty hard in this game. These guys are magicians. It’s a great honor to be able to work with them.Jerk Gustafsson, Executive Producer at MachineGames